Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Went on a Book Hunt...

So for my editing & proofreading class, our teacher recommended us getting the Gregg Reference Manual so The Boy and I went to Barnes & Noble today to see if they had it, ha ha. Yeah they do...but for $70.  As much as I love books, and as much as I would probably use that book, I had to say NO.  I've found several copies on Amazon though for $50 and under, so I think I might go that route.  And since I'm a student they have this thing you can sign up for and get FREE 2 day shipping.  :)  And free shipping always makes Raen happy!!!

On a different note, I did pic up a Self Magazine while there (love their articles) and there is an article in this month's issue about Women Doing Good and one woman, JJ Ramberg has helped create a search engine that raises money for a nonprofit of your choice every time you use it to search.  It is called GoodSearch.com I haven't checked it out yet, but I have a feeling that page is going to get bookmarked as soon as I get a second to check it out.  What better way to help out a good cause?  You are going to be searching online at some point anyway (or if your me, several times a day).  If you do check out that search site, let me know what you think about it, I'm always curious about other's opinions! 

Well I am out, but before I go check out today's first dropper's blog:


2 comments:

  1. Im definately going to look into that search site. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome I used it last night, and its very simple and straight to the point to use, what do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete