Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fear

Fear, inescapable wells up inside me,
Tempting me to turn and flee
From things that are yet unseen.
Fear of what may come to be,
And fear of what yet may not pass.
I sit here pondering,
What if, why, and how?
While not knowing,
What the future truly holds.
Tears linger,
In the corners of my eyes,
Unshed as of now,
But prepared for the moment
When disaster strikes.
My feet want to run,
Run fast and far away,
So that these fears cannot
Become what it is they could be.
My mind refuses to see
The beauty that could possibly be,
Instead it paints a future
Dark and cold with struggle,
Deceit and hate.
What is it that keeps me
Keeps me from letting go,
So that I am unable to truly embrace
All that you are
And all that you could be.
There is still a bit of a wall
Though transluscent
It stands between
A person who is me
And the person that I want to be.
I can see so clearly what could exist,
Yet cannot reach through
This thick and tempered glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment