Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family and the Fourth

So Dad's side of the family had a cookout today, me and the Lil Sis went had some good food, she took a nap, and I listened to the family drama. As it tends to always unroll at get togethers.

One of my younger cousins is up visiting her father and the family this summer. Today she had a major meltdown, her dad went through her phone and found some "dirty" texts from older boys. Obviously upset, he called these boys and told them not to text his daughter again etc. She felt that her privacy had been rudely violated.

With all the sexting problems facing our youth and their parents these days, should a child have privacy when it regards their phones? I know if it was my daughter (I know I don't have children yet, but I do want them and think of it often) I would want to know who she was texting and would also want to be privy to whether appropriate behavior was involved in their interactions or not.

What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment