Monday, July 26, 2010

Beauty in Nature

I was sitting on my back porch smoking (I need to quit I know) and a beautiful Fawn and its mother came trotting into our yard, they were very skittish the slightest noise causing them to pause and glance around.  Oh at this point I was cursing myself for not having my camera, but I knew if I went to get it, the screen door would have sent them running off, so I sat there and just enjoyed watching them instead.  They made their way over to our apple tree and had a tiny feast upon the apples that had fallen around it.  The mother would bite the apple so that it would burst into tiny pieces and the fawn was then able to enjoy some fruit as well.  Ah, what a beautiful sight, I'm never visiting my own back porch again without camera in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment